NARIC Website Policies.
NARIC may collect several pieces of information from its patrons. These include:
General Internet user information including browser type, number of pages viewed, specific URLs of pages viewed, and entering and exiting URLs. General Internet user information is collected solely for internal purposes and is not distributed to the public.
Personal patron information including name, address, title, phone number and/or email address, and details of information or document requests. NARIC may make its mailing list available for sale to the general public (one time use, printed labels). If you do not wish to be added to the NARIC mailing list, please indicate so on the information/document request or publications order form. NARIC will never distribute phone numbers or email addresses to the general public.
Organization and journal information including contact name, address, phone numbers, email and web addresses, and detailed descriptions. This information will be reviewed, edited, and, if appropriate, added to one of several databases or resource sheets available from NARIC. This is considered public information and will be distributed.
As an authorized user of the NARIC system, I agree to:
I understand that failure to abide by these rules of behavior may result in losing access to the NARIC system.
- Exercise due care in the protection of the operating software on computers that are used to connect to the NARIC system, including installing virus-scanning software and frequently updating virus definitions;
- Maintain the confidentiality of NARIC system data at all times;
- Never share my NARIC system user ID and/or password with anyone else under any circumstance;
- Never keep my user ID and password in a place where they may be found and used without my knowledge;
- Either log off the NARIC system or lock my workstation if I am logged into the NARIC system and must leave my workstation;
- Change my NARIC system password every 90 days if I will be using the system for more than one Fiscal Year;
- Contact the NARIC System Administrator immediately to reset my password if I feel my password has been compromised, and then immediately login and follow the system prompts to change my password to one known only to myself;
- Use a password that is at least eight characters in length, a mix is difficult to guess, and is a mix of characters, numbers and/or symbols;
- Understand that personal use of Government information resources and equipment is not authorized, and use the system only for authorized purposes; and
- Maintain copyright licenses and comply with all copyright license requirements associated with the NARIC system.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction not be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
NARIC's Accessibility Policy.
The NARIC staff has been committed to Web accessibility since the first pages went online in 1995. This committment has included active education and promotion of current issues and policies, participation in user groups, and ongoing training for the Media Team. Every effort has been made to create a site that is easy to use, informative, and yet fully accessible regardless of ability, browser level, or connection speed. The current design includes small graphic files with alternative descriptions, common-sense information for links and forms, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), and a consistent page design and navigation scheme. NARIC's Website conforms to the Web Accessibility Initiative's Level AA on most of its pages and received approval using the downloaded Bobby v3.2. If you experience any difficulty in accessing NARIC's site, please contact Jessica Chaiken at 800/346-2742, ext. 114, or email .
More information on Website accessibility is available from the Web Accessibility Initiative of the World Wide Web Consortium.
WAI Conformance Level AA.
This site is Bobby approved!
Best viewed with any browser.